him, her, and them...

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Horse-back Riding

Every summer we take Emma horse-back riding. We go to this really cute place up in the Uintah Mountains called Rockin' P Stables. We went last Tuesday. This year was Emma's first time alone on a horse and Jax's first time going. She is such a little horse woman and the 2 wranglers were praising her the entire time about her ability and lack of fear. She knew what to do to get the horse going, what to do if the horse started trotting, and what to do when the horse would try to stop to eat. Jax, however, wasn't keen on this new adventure. He hated the helmet I made him wear and hated when the horse would trot to catch up. After about 20 min he slumped over and I had to catch his head. It was then that I realized he was sound asleep. He slept the entire rest of the 40 min ride. I wish that I had taken my camera because it was the cutest thing ever. We'll see how they do next year. Emma's already asking about going back. Maybe I'll surprise her for her birthday and get a sitter for Jax and Ryan and I can just take her. Getting saddled up.
Look at that poise. A born horsewoman ;-).

On the trail. One of the wranglers, then Misty, then another wrangler, then Emm and then Jax and I pulling up the rear.



No comments: