him, her, and them...

Monday, July 27, 2009

Bragging Rights!!!!

Okay, so I'm not one to brag (ever), but I feel I have earned bragging rights and I must share or I'll burst. I just got an entire new wardrobe without spending a dime. Now I'm sure you are asking yourself about now, "How did she do that?" Well, I was cleaning out our master closet and came upon a box labeled PRE-Jax bottoms. So I thought to myself, well I know I've been losing weight lately, so I'll just go ahead and try them on and just see how much more I have to go. I don't lose weight by the amount on the scale, I lose by what size I fit into. So I took out the first pair of jeans and slipped them on. Guess what? They FIT!!!!!!!!!! Then I tried the next item on and it fit, and the next, and the next. I got through the entire box of about a dozen pairs of pants/jeans and about a dozen skirts and they all fit. Happy Dances all around! So I just re-inherited a new wardrobe of pants and skirts. I'm pretty freakin' excited because this means that I went from a size 8 at Christmas time back down to my size 4 pants. Anyway, I just had to share my spectacular news because I can't get my hubby on the phone to help me celebrate. Yeah for weight loss. It only took me 2 years to do it, but I did it. Best wishes to anyone trying to lose weight!!!

5 comments:

Bonny said...

Yeah for you! I wish I could say the same, though I do weigh the same as before I was pregnant with Darren. Darren, not Charlie :) Its still too much but I'm working on it. I can only imagine how wonderful you feel

Monica Mary said...

Go Alicia. You do look great! It always takes me 18 months... yuck. Those cute kids are worth it though...

Ryan and Alicia said...

With Emma I dropped the weight within weeks and with Jax, two years. So I was pretty frustrated. But I was talking to Ryan and at Christmas time I was acutally heavier than when I was fully prego with Jax. I honestly thing it was the depo shots that I was getting. Stopped them about 7 months ago and the weight finally started coming off. But who knows? Could just be from Jax, but he's worth the 2 years!

kcskinner said...

Congratulations and here I didn't think you had to worry about weight loss. I bet you are so glad you held onto those pants.
I have heard that Depo shots help you put on weight but I am not sure if that was me or the shot I had them before I had kids and went up about 40 pounds.

CubGO said...

I LOVE IT! You always look great!