Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
So finally Ryan just took off the offending strand, one bad thing about prelit trees, and I just added a normal strand. Which I have to say doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. Emma and I started to decorate with the round glass balls. I put on a gold one and before I could even turn around and pick up another one that Emma had put a hook onto Jax had snatched it off the tree and thrown it across the living room floor where in proptly shattered into a million pieces. He thought it was great and eagerly looked at the next one in my hand ready to go onto the tree. So I made an executive decision and if you look closely at this picture you will notice that our ornaments this year are only above the garland that Emma made. We put the garland up at the level of his reach so we knew how high the ornaments had to be. Emma was a little disappointed because it's hard for her to see all the ornaments, but when I explained that it's this or only lights, she was happy with only half the ornaments. So here's my tree for this year. We'll see how next years looks.
2. Real or Artificial tree? Artificial. Nothing beats an easy artificial prelit tree to make the season bright.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Shortly after New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Can't stomach the stuff, but Ryan likes it in small amounts.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The My Little Pony Paradise Estate. The box it came in was bigger than me and I actually still have it. Basically anything My Little Pony or Barbie was ideal.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Ryan's dad and my dad. Never know what to get!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids. They like anything! Jax would still be happy with just the wrapping paper.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes and I love it. Ryan a few years ago built me a stable out of scrap wood from him brother's fence and it is the perfect size and the perfect look. My nativity scene is my favorite Christmas decoration I have.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I've never heard of emailing Christmas cards, how impersonal. Definitely mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I'm not sure. Probably when my parents would get us underwear a present. Who wan't to open that in front of your brother and sisters? I guess it could have been worse and been a bra!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love the cheesy old school Christmas cartoons, Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman. I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas and the Grinch cartoon.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop the entire year, that way I'm not trying to buy everything all at once. Plus if I see something great early on then I get it and just hang on to it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh, probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything sweet.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course, who doesn't have lights on their tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song? O, Holy Night.
18. Travel or stay home at Christmas? We stay home and travel to Phoenix either at Thanksgiving or just after Christmas. Too hard to go day of with little ones.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.
20. Angel or star on the tree-top? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? We open Christmas pajamas the night before and then everything else Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People in too much of a rush. That and over played Christmas songs, esp the one about a little boy buying shoes for his mom. I know it's cute and all, but do we really have to hear it at least 4 to 6 times a day.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love red and gold together. But anything goes.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I love homemade rolls. Nothing better.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To see my family, but that will have to wait until shortly after.
Friday, November 28, 2008
We had such a great Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for that I could take up an hour of your time by listing them all. I'm especially thankful for my amazing husband, my beautiful children, and for my faith. I'm also greatful for family, friends and good food ;-). We had a wonderful time with my in-laws this year. It was a quiet, but perfect day! I hope you all had a great day and I just wanted to send my love. Happy Thanksgiving!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Before Jax was walking and even a little still, he had this insanely fast and hysterical crawl. We nicknamed it the Monkey Crawl. This is only a short clip of it, but he would literally keep up with the dogs. He was so fast and it is so funny that I just had to share. Enjoy!