him, her, and them...

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Tag

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping Christmas gifts and using fun big bows. But I have to say I use gift bags for those not so fun shaped gifts, with a big bow on it of course.

2. Real or Artificial tree? Artificial. Nothing beats an easy artificial prelit tree to make the season bright.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Shortly after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? Can't stomach the stuff, but Ryan likes it in small amounts.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The My Little Pony Paradise Estate. The box it came in was bigger than me and I actually still have it. Basically anything My Little Pony or Barbie was ideal.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Ryan's dad and my dad. Never know what to get!

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids. They like anything! Jax would still be happy with just the wrapping paper.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes and I love it. Ryan a few years ago built me a stable out of scrap wood from him brother's fence and it is the perfect size and the perfect look. My nativity scene is my favorite Christmas decoration I have.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I've never heard of emailing Christmas cards, how impersonal. Definitely mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I'm not sure. Probably when my parents would get us underwear a present. Who wan't to open that in front of your brother and sisters? I guess it could have been worse and been a bra!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love the cheesy old school Christmas cartoons, Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman. I also love the Charlie Brown Christmas and the Grinch cartoon.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop the entire year, that way I'm not trying to buy everything all at once. Plus if I see something great early on then I get it and just hang on to it.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh, probably.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything sweet.

16. Lights on the tree? Of course, who doesn't have lights on their tree?

17. Favorite Christmas song? O, Holy Night.

18. Travel or stay home at Christmas? We stay home and travel to Phoenix either at Thanksgiving or just after Christmas. Too hard to go day of with little ones.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.

20. Angel or star on the tree-top? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? We open Christmas pajamas the night before and then everything else Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People in too much of a rush. That and over played Christmas songs, esp the one about a little boy buying shoes for his mom. I know it's cute and all, but do we really have to hear it at least 4 to 6 times a day.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love red and gold together. But anything goes.

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I love homemade rolls. Nothing better.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To see my family, but that will have to wait until shortly after.

1 comment:

Bonny said...

Nice list. I love your tree. We only have a few ornaments that Carlyn put on. None of the rest of us cared enough to do more. Bad, huh? I have pictures of D in tiara's, etc. Its the bane of having older sisters. And the last ones are cute pictures :)