him, her, and them...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Once There Was a Snowman or Snowgirl


Emma has been dying for the snow since, well, last winter/spring when it all melted. So last week when it snowed she came running in our bedroom and announced "Merry Christmas" because there was now snow. We had to explain that just because there was snow didn't mean it was Christmas Day. She was a little disappointed, but quickly got over it when Ryan suggested they build a snowman. But Emma didn't want that, she wanted a snowgirl. So here is the result of their interesting snowperson. Looks more like Jaba the Hut to me, but I could be mistake. Emma had so much fun, but then quickly became upset when the weather started warming back up and her snowgirl began to melt. She was even more upset when Barkley, one of our Shih-Tzu's, proceded to use the pile of snow as his pee mound. We however promised her that the next time it snows we'll make another one. She became excited again and we escaped an emotional meltdown. Whew!

6 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

Happy to see your blog!! Great pictures:)

Monica Mary said...

I'm glad you gave in to all the pressure! Cute cute family you are-and since I don't get to see you enough, I'll check your blog! =)

Jen said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Cute pictures!

Anne-Marie said...

You are official bloggers now! It's so fun to catch up with friends & family this way. Even if it's a bit lazy.

Vierra crew said...

Its been long over due for you to have a blog!!!!!! I am so happy to see it!!!! Your kids are such crack ups!!! Cant wait to read more!!!

Bonny said...

Dude, you should have said something about having a blog. I knew you followed, but you needed to make a comment. I'm totally offended :) Whatever. Though my name is spelled with a y not ie, one of my pet peeves, so maybe I really will be offended. You know be better, but come say hi on my blog. Your kids are adorable and you know it :)