him, her, and them...

Friday, December 10, 2010

Cheers to Teachers

So my hat goes off to great teachers. Most especially to Emma's amazing teacher, Mrs. Thomas. Emma came in the house today after being dropped off by carpool and she was sobbing, to the point that she could barely even catch a breath. Needless to say she wasn't able to immediatly tell me what was wrong. She was also wearing an oversized dark red jacket. Okay, thought goes off, this isn't your coat. A flashback to last year when her favorite hoodie was stollen and my fear button goes off. Just then, while trying to get her to calm down, my phone rang. Ah ha...it's the school on the caller id. On the other line is Mrs. Thomas, Emma's 1st grade teacher. She explains that the girl in the class across the hall from their class has the exact same coat as Emma. Their school has the coat racks in the hallways. So apparently when Emma couldn't find her coat Mrs. Thomas took the time to investigate and found out that this other little girl had thought her coat was put on the wrong rack and so she took it, not realizing it was actually Emma's. Mrs. Thomas was calling to make sure that Emma was better and to inform me that the mother of the other little girl had just dropped off Emma's coat and that it would be hanging on their rack if I wanted to come get it. I thanked her and hung up. Just then I realized that I hadn't asked about the coat that Emma was wearing. When Emma calmed down, knowning now that her coat was safe, she told me that Mrs. Thomas wouldn't let her leave into the cold without a coat on. So what does she do, she sends Emma home with her own coat. I mean seriously...how more incredible and loving can you get. We quickly went over to the school, after having Emma make Mrs. Thomas a card, and picked up Emma's coat. We were in luck and caught Mrs. Thomas just on her way home. Emma gave her a HUGE hug, her card, and her coat back. So this is a nod to all those amazing and compassionate teachers out there who love, protect, and teach our children. You are incredible and I want to personally thank you!

No comments: