him, her, and them...

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thinking Pink


A few weeks ago my dear sweet sister-in-law, Wendy, found out she has breast cancer. It was a complete shock to her, her husband and 4 boys, and to all of us that love her. I just wanted to do a post about her because she is awesome and I want everyone to know it. From the first day I met Wendy she has always felt more to me than a sister-in-law. She has always felt like a true sister and has always been such a wonderful friend and role model. She has been incredibly brave and optimistic and I know will continue to be throughout her battle and victory with this horrible disease. She is beauty and brains roled up into one person. She had a mastectomy of her right breast last week and was so calm with dealing with it all. I hope that one day I can be even slightly as brave and wonderful as she is. I just want her to know how much I love and admire her for all her honesty and whit. She is one of my favorite people in the entire world and means more to me than she will ever know. I love you Wendy and know that you will win. She saw a t-shirt the other day and it fits her to a tee. It said, "yes they are fake...my real ones tried to kill me." It's this type of humor that I know will get her and her family through the hard times to better days. Thank you for being the kind of person I could only dream of being. XOXO!!!

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

This just breaks my heart. A mother to 4 boys also?? She looks so young-how old is she?
Prayers for your sister-in law and her family.

Happy Belated B-day by the way. I forgot that we have back to back days.

Serity said...

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!! We're praying for her too.

chandy said...

So sorry to hear that your SIL has to go through this. Prayers for her and her family as they fight this battle! From your post, it sounds like she is a very strong woman.

Monica Mary said...

I just adored her from the moment I met her! She is in my thoughts and prayers-those boys need her!

Love the shirt!