him, her, and them...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Update

Yes, we are still here and pluggin' along. Our computer decided to roll over and play dead right before the holidays. So buying the necessary parts needed to wait for just a bit. We are now happy to say we are the proud parents of a beautiful new motherboard. She is so beautiful and perfect. It suprises me just how much we are dependent on our computers. Not just for keeping in touch with loved ones and friends, but also for our daily tasks. I store my recipes in my computer and went without for almost 2 months. I think my family was really getting sick of spagetti. Even I was getting sick of it. I use the computer when helping Emma with school projects, when trying to create documents for church assignments, when trying to do mailing labels, for keeping our finances straight, and so on.... Man what a pain-in-the-you-know-what it has been to be without the sweet and quiet purr of our little black box under the desk.

As for our updates:

-We had a fantastic Christmas season. We went down to Phoenix for almost 10 days. We drove down on Dec. 23rd and drove back on Jan. 1st. Well, the kids, the dogs and I drove back then and Ryan flew home one Dec. 28th. It was our first Christmas Day away from our home since Emma was born. It was fun but quite a chore to back up all their gifts just to haul them all back. But it was well worth it. We had a great time. We spent Christmas Eve at my sister, Jacque's, home with all my siblings and my parents. Then Christmas day was spent opening gifts and our traditional movie, we saw The Princess and the Frog. While in Phx we also saw Shirlock Holms and would recommend it to anyone. Some people really didn't care for it, but Ryan and I loved it. We also got to visit family and friends. Thanks Beth for hanging out with me so much while I was there.

-We have had a fairly quite time the past few months. Emma has been plugging away at school, Jax with playing with his new train table from Pampa and Nana, Ryan with work, and myself with keeping us all in working order.

-The kids at first have been so bummed about the lack of snow, but when they discovered that now our turtle sandbox has been rediscovered they are in heaven again (it has a lid so the sand has stayed dry). However, I am in no way shape or form complaining about the lack of snow and the somewhat warmer weather.

All in all it has been a great 2 months.

2 comments:

chandy said...

Hey girl!
I've been wondering what you've been up to! Hadn't seen you around the blog or facebook...I guess the lack of computer explains that!

Glad to hear you and the fam are doing well. Post some new pictures soon!

Hilarie said...

Glad that you are back up and running! Frank and I saw "Valentine's Day" too and also thought it was cute (love the restuarant scene!). Your "love note" to Ryan was so sweet -- I can't believe you all have been married for TEN years -- CONGRATULATIONS! You two are awesome!