him, her, and them...

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


Last week we went, as a family, to the Draper Temple open house. The temple was so beautiful and peaceful and we had such a great time. It was so fun to be able to take Emma and show her all the different things about the temples that we've only ever told her about. At one point near the end of the tour she turned to me and with a very upset look said she didn't want to go. So I told her that it was the end and we needed to leave. She said, "But mommy, I haven't seen Jesus yet." What a character! I have to say that the only part of the experience that was less than enjoyable for me was when Jax decided to try and headbutt me. He missed and smashed his forehead into the side of my nose. Let's just say I had less than pleasant thoughts toward Ryan at that moment for teaching him this fun new game. Other than that the experience was one we'll never forget!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

We did it too a few weeks ago-so beautiful.

(I get mad at Hank too for the wonderful rough play that I am the recipient of from time to time.)

The Wessman Family said...

How fun and how cute of Emma. I am glad we were able to go before we left.