him, her, and them...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Timpanogos Cave

We took a day and went hiking up to the Timpanogos Cave. It's funny because I told Ryan that I've lived here for 12 years and never done it. He then turned around and said, "Well I've lived here for 33 and never done it, so I win." I can't believe it took us this long to do it.
The kids were better troopers about the 1 1/2 mile hike than I was. Now I remember why I don't like hiking. It was pretty intense in a few spots. But they both walked almost the entire way up. Jax needed help about the last 1/4 of the way up, and then fell asleep riding piggy-back on Aunt Misty's back on the way down. Then Ryan carried him the last 3/4 of the way. But Emma made it the entire way and loved it.

This is a view of Utah County from about 1/2 way up the trail.

Emma, Jax and Misty enjoying the beautiful Fall colors.

One of the MANY pictures from inside the cool caves. A lot didn't turn out though because the caverns were too dark. For anyone that wants to go, take a jacket. It was freezing. They said it's like being in a refrigerator. But VERY worth it. We had a great time together.

2 comments:

Serity said...

Gorgeous pics! That's a tough hike for those kids - I'm impressed! :)

chandy said...

This looks very pretty! I'm looking forward to doing some fall hikes with the kids soon.