him, her, and them...

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Tree Decorating

Okay, so Ryan put the tree all together and of course the strand of lights right in the middle was out, it's a prelit tree. So we wanted to get it fixed before putting on the decorations. After about 3 days of waiting, impatiently I should add, Emma decided to wait no more. She decorated the tree her way and put some of her prized items from her shelves on the tree. If you look close you will see her glass ladybug doll, a pair of doll shoes, and a doll dress her Great-Grandma Flegal made her a few years ago. She also put items wrapped in toilet paper around the bottom of the tree and told me that Santa wouldn't come until the tree was beautiful for him. What a character.

So finally Ryan just took off the offending strand, one bad thing about prelit trees, and I just added a normal strand. Which I have to say doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would. Emma and I started to decorate with the round glass balls. I put on a gold one and before I could even turn around and pick up another one that Emma had put a hook onto Jax had snatched it off the tree and thrown it across the living room floor where in proptly shattered into a million pieces. He thought it was great and eagerly looked at the next one in my hand ready to go onto the tree. So I made an executive decision and if you look closely at this picture you will notice that our ornaments this year are only above the garland that Emma made. We put the garland up at the level of his reach so we knew how high the ornaments had to be. Emma was a little disappointed because it's hard for her to see all the ornaments, but when I explained that it's this or only lights, she was happy with only half the ornaments. So here's my tree for this year. We'll see how next years looks.

No comments: